Poetry

Tuesday 4 May 2021

It would’ve been nice

 

It would’ve been nice

If they’d let me be myself

Well it would have been nice

If they’d not put me on the shelf

It would have been nice if they’d have encouraged me to write

Instead of all the little bits of shite

Yes, it would have been nice

 

Oh it would have been nice

If they’d have asked me what I thought

It would’ve been nice

To not keep drawing noughts

It would have been nice to draw out all the words

Yes it would’ve been nice to have listened to the birds

It would’ve been nice not to scrimp and save

It would’ve been nice not to be looking at my grave

It would’ve been nice not to be a coward but be brave

It would’ve been nice, if I’d have lived twice

It would’ve been nice

 

It would’ve been nice to shave off all my hair

It would’ve been nice to go dancing down the stair

It would’ve been nice to change my drab grey clothes

It would’ve been nice to have a different nose

 

Well it would’ve been nice if I had lived twice

But there we go

One must open one’s eyes and realize what one has

Appreciate the things the good from the bad

And accentuate the positive in this wonderful world

And realize the negatives don’t come from sacrifice

Yes, in fact, that it is already nice

Yes it really is nice that I have this life

It really is nice

That other’s like and sacrifice

It really is right to look into God’s eyes

And say thank you for the day

And thank you for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment