Poetry

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Double Crossed

What can I do for you?
Sitting in the park
Watching the people go by
Waiting for the dark
Where are they going?
Are they happy with their lives
Are they filled with sorrow or joy?
And what can I do for you or am I just your toy?

I am often a watcher of life
On the carousel
It goes round and round
And I stand in the middle and yell
Can anybody hear me
Do I make a sound
And what can I do for you?
Am I making any ground?

You see I'm incognito
I'm the master spy
There are thieves like me
Everywhere
Just in the act of stealing
They die
And every double agent
Has heart that's double crossed
Its just you can no longer steal it
When it already has been lost


The world is made of instances
Much like a film you see
And if you slow it down a notch
Then life suddenly is free
We don't have to rush, we don't have to fight
There is no final bell
We just hope we'll make it back home tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment