Poetry

Monday 11 November 2019

De streets

As I walk the chagrin streets
I listen to the sound of my feet
I hear the owl call
And the leaves fall
In a line
You know its no crime
If you say your place or mine

In the restaurant your eyes look into mine
I hold the feathers of the owl tonight
And you eat the leaves that autumn spent
But there is one thing I can write
Your place or mine

There are two things I know
one
Is to lie to nobody
The other is everybody lies
They just lie to themselves

If I had the courage of angels
To walk lightly to the stars
I'd had left long ago
But I tie my ankles to these trolls
And chained to toads

Just then the talk it moved to
Another home
The brass it shone
From memories polished
On the mantlepiece
Of my dreams
As I drift off into sleep

Such are the lions of peace
That keep the corners
Of the castle
Tongueless beasts
That have no voice
Just like me
I have no choice
But cross the bridges
That I burn
And never fear to fall
into the river
But must go on into the stars

No comments:

Post a Comment