Poetry

Saturday 23 November 2019

Once in a blue moon

I saw you out on the blue moon
You came and went
and were gone too soon
Don't invent a reason for your absensence
Just put it down to too much scotch
vermouth or absinth
Nothing going on here,
nothing to see
For a time I was feeling queer
But of that feeling I am free

Lost again as if
As if I had some golden globe
That I could hold and keep near
Like adoration sold

Then I saw you smile like a missile
Through the room
It burst in a candle light
A wicker wax gloom
But the globe kept spinning around
As if a ball on a loom
And each Silver thread was spun
Turned into another moon

Blue was the colour
Then blood red
Then green
And from that I knew an absinth fairy near
Or else a Goblin queen
And she kept up her calling
Her temptation dream
And you were still there smiling
Like the cat who got the cream

No comments:

Post a Comment