Poetry

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Love is strange

Love is strange
It's a two faced thing
You stop it one day
The next day it begins
There's a stranger love than
This I'm sure
But it's just like a stranger
Who knocks at your door

Who does love know?
Does love know me?
Is it something I do
Or something I see
Has it tracked me down
To the quarters of this sea
Was it a crime of passion
Or being bored of the city

The Love detective will find you out
Lock you up, throw away the key
It'll leave you in the ball and chains
Bound in irons, they'll shackle thee

They tell you yes
But you say no
No one to impress
Nowhere to go

Loves a stranger in no man's land
Love will rearrange yer 
With her hands
Turn you into a different self
So you'll be a stranger
Like nobody else

Always wanting to make friends
Loves new in town
It doesn't know how it ends
Nobody's shown love the big picture
It just goes where it goes
It's happy to meet yer

Love answered honestly "I did not know that"
When in its heart it's already
Thrown in its hat 
But you know it doesn't like to boast
It isn't like that

No comments:

Post a Comment