Poetry

Wednesday 25 September 2019

The long summer

Its time to look back
Now I'm not trying to compare
Nor even trying to understand
The things that I cannot bear
To even hold within my hands

It just leads to some despair
Of despots, generals, the common man
But if you tell me I will lead them
And together we can make a stand

Don't forget you owe me nobles
I borrowed your bottle
From the Arab sands
Where knights in white cloth
Ride full throttle
On their camels over land

Should you ask me for for their number
None will come when I feel number
Than a candle in a wax work tumbler
Rolling over rumplestiltskin

Last night I saw a ranger
Flying high above
The sea even looked
Stranger then
As if not the face I love
Autumn in Hungary
Warmth in the sunlit streets
Nobody moves out of your way
Nothing poetic to say about that


No comments:

Post a Comment