Poetry

Tuesday 17 September 2019

Forgive me

Sand in my hands
I watch it fall
Towers that stand
I want them all
But then I sigh
On fortune's lie
Forgive me
Forgive me

The noble prince
Upon his steed
Rides across the land
Of the living dead
Book once wrote
That I have read
Turn their pages down
Turn them on their head

The colours drain
From the palace wall
Blood stains red
Empires will rise and fall
I cannot hold them in my hand
Forgive me that
Forgive me all

An angel treads
Outside your gate
She draws the line
Between love and hate
I hold my pen
Keep you in my mind
Then when I write
The Farm yard hen
The cuckold's fight
Forgive me
Forgive me

What strange days
Are these that past
Keep ringing the bells
Of freedom's cast
You hear them ring
From hill to hill
What is this love
That they do kill
A love like a swollen
belly's fill
Of the meal
Ever grateful

The autumn leaves turn brown and fall
The questions hang
Their answers call
In the dead of night
In the days enthrall
I watch them all
Forgive me them
Forgive me all

No comments:

Post a Comment