Poetry

Wednesday 25 September 2019

A bed of snow

Well the sun came down
Every step of the way
And Heaven seemed
Such a long long day

Paradise was lost
Along the way
But regained at great cost
To the ones who would pay

You see I saw the demise of the skies
That day
That fortune smiles on us guys
Down the blue highway
But in the end who wins
When nobody pays?
I've got golden luck
I'm sure
But its on a silver sideways

The more you see
The less you understand
Well that's just like me
My love when I show you my hand

Try and read the palms
They'll be blowing in the wind
To the sound of the Caribbean

An impostor has been sleeping my bed
He told me nothing when I asked him
What was inside his head
He was like an actor
Who had lost his script
The words come out
But he's no idea how they'd been writ

I ask why he needs to swallow his pride
He tells well its best to put those old things aside
I say from my standpoint we all look the same
He said they sure do when you're inside the game
Try looking at things from the outside
And so I started by removing his dark glasses
So I could tell when he lied

No comments:

Post a Comment