Poetry

Tuesday 27 February 2024

The news broken

 The News is broken

Open your heart to me

Yes the news is broken

Like at wounded knee

The cat's out the bag

He's put the fink on me

Our news is broken

Mother, why can't they let us be?

I'll let you in on a secret

No body tells the truth

Including me

Yes our News is broken

But it's not breaking news

Nothing is new under the sun

And you look in the mirror

You better be holding a gun

For they'll shoot you soon as look at you

You're a piece dirt, you're scum

Take a leaf out of my book

I don't read at all

I get all my news from the television

Where the truth is told

The milk is spilled

And no one grows old

In the  promised land

But it's fake as Riki Lake

and leaves a sick feeling 

In the pit of your stomach

Don't worry that's just

Your heart that's breaking

When you hear the lies

Because the world is not what you

Thought it was through your childish eyes

The News is broken, but it's not

Breaking news


No comments:

Post a Comment