Poetry

Monday 22 January 2024

A million miles ahead

 Hoopers ahead, a whole world behind

I'm telling you girl, I feel fine

Shooting fish in the barrel with a wooden leg

I've got miles ahead and left a whole world behind

There ain't no use in worrying today

There's no use scraping the bottom of the barrel

If you want to make an omelette you've gotta break some eggs

Got a million miles ahead and left a whole world behind

I left a whole world behind boys, a whole darn world behind

going to try to build a better world tomorrow

you know it's written on my bed, you can sleep when you're dead

Don't get too hung up on all your sorrow

And even if you steal, beg or borrow

You've still got a million miles ahead, left a whole world behind

And you can build a better world tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment