Poetry

Sunday 3 July 2022

Fairy tale blues

 As I slip free of Peter pan

See him go back into the night

Where he first began

And wash Wendy's hands in the dishes

Of Woman and man

I set up the moon

And I take down the sun

And the witches of Eastwick

They can't follow my plan


And I put Dorothy's red shoes

back under her bed

And I lead the lion

To the land of the dead

Well I have the blues in fairy tale land again


And I set the stone of Rosetta

In the mind of the child

Who wished upon a twinkling star

I fought the urge to be wild

With Cinderella and her sisters

When she came home with a Pumpkin Prince

But I've got the fairy tale blues again


I'm not mad at you Little beau peep

It's just the sheep that you keep

They can't help me to sleep


I'm not sad like you little boy blue

Just pull your thumb out of the plumb

And turn your face to the sun

It's time to stand up like a man


I wish you were free little mermaid

To swim your way back to the sea

But if you find the key, why not give it to me

For I've got the fairy tale blues again


No comments:

Post a Comment