Poetry

Wednesday 1 December 2021

Sometime near dark

 Some time near dark

When you walk away

I understand you you couldn't stay

But the darkness falls

And the sky turns grey

And blue light walls

They fill my day


Some time near to dark

It's not easy to see

The line that marks you from me

You hold my hand but you do not say

There's a silence there just like falling rain

And I need no words to show I care

For when it's near dark I know you'll be there


Some time near dark

In a twilight hour 

When the gloming starts

And a glowing fire

I warm my heart on your embrace

Somewhere near dark I can see your face


So hold me close

Don't let me fall

When the night comes down

And the curtain calls

We step out, out of the place

We each have our roles on the stage

But now near dark

You leave me here

To watch the stars

In the night so clear

No comments:

Post a Comment