Poetry

Sunday 12 December 2021

Procession

Please tell us how to proceed
When there's no one to lead us
When there's no living prophet among us
No Jesus
Tell us how to pray in the night
When the dark conquers the light
And we walk like lost sheep in a crisis

Please tell us what to do when you need us to
Please shine your light, please shine your light

There's a raft in the river, and a queen is a quiver
Because her Kingfisher king is not near
And a far off fairy is singing to Queen Mary
Shine your light, please shine your light

And as I wade through the reeds
I can gather what I want, but it's not what I need
So please tell me how shall we proceed?

The doors of time are flung open
And it's like the whole world has awoken
But the black crows above are crowding a white dove
And the Blackbird is yet to have spoken

So when I get what I want, but not what I need
Oh lord, please tell me
How shall we proceed?

No comments:

Post a Comment