Poetry

Thursday 9 December 2021

Knock me down with a zoo loo telegraph

 Well it's been a night and a day

of delight

It's been a grey sky rising

But the sway and the way of

The newly threshed hay,

I feel my spirit's horizon


I suckered the punch

I learned to eat lunch

Without much food nor much money

But no lunch is free

And a supper's not a tea

Not unless 

Your thieves are inviting 


COME TAKE ME TO DINNER

i am a winner

I beg and I steal and hob nob

And the cheek of the butter

Is in the pudding you nutter

Don't go off before you finish the job


Of salient cheese

All down on my knees

Begging for a piece of mind

Well you can give me a jerk

Or a forty dollar shirt

But it won't ease the trouble I find


I'm back on the farm

But they sold the estate

No you can make hay or you can placate

The love of a hansom mare or jump gate

 Just let her run wild

Until it's too late

THEn CLOSE THE STABLE DOOR

And watch her escape 

for time is a post-modern construct of late

And women need boundaries

just as men do

You would hear me say such diplomatic make-do

Such poppy-cock of reason

OR WHAT A TREASON

 But brother no woman is blameless

And I am capricious

When they are delicious

But it's just a season of mind


I only knew one saint in my life

And I tried to marry her

But she wouldn't be my wife

She would never stab me in the back it was

true

So I had to do it

And passover to you

We all survived the ghettoization

Of souls

But glass houses couldn't stem

Our migration

And now it is gone there is more to go wrong

Than a bottle of bud and a barrel of rum

No comments:

Post a Comment