Poetry

Monday 29 June 2020

Raptor Rap

I'm the Marsh harrier
Yeah I'm talking to you
You think that you're a predator
Wel you haven't seen me
I will swoop down onto ya
From out of a tree
You forgot your blind spot
Behind your head
Well you won't forget me

Yeah this is the Raptor Rap
The most incredible tap
That you've ever heard
Its better than the animals
Its better than the Birds
There ain't nothing like
A bird of prey
And now I got you in my sights
You ain't getting away

Yeah I'm the cool buzzard just
Circling in the sun
You Might think a Buzz saw
Has just cut your fun

Well I'm up in the stratosphere
But I can still see you clear
Yeah I break the glass barrier
Of this Marsh Harrier

Yeah I got talons
That you will see
But you've got no talent
So don't you mess with me

Well I know I saw you soar
Because I felt that shadow
Loom cold over my shoulder
Well I'm your shadow of doom
Mister air raider
You only prey on the dead things
Like you follow the culture of vulture

I'm the Marsh Harrier
I'm the crucifix in the sun
You look up and think bless me father
But I bring my air raid gun
I'm gonna put my cross hairs
Firmly on your head
By the time I've finished with you
You'll look the walking dead

Yeah You don't think your the only one
Who can peck out an eye
I will take a young lamb or rabbit
If their in the habit to die
I will lift them like the
Angel of death
And carry them to tomorrow's land
Where they never draw breath

Now I have respect for ya
You just keep out of my way
I'm gonna fish the Marsh lands
From Bleadney to the Weston Bay
And if you should wander farther
Into my territory,
Well I'm gonna call your bluff and
You don't wanna mess with me
Yes I'm tired of being the devil
I'm tired of being a saint
I'm tired of being whatever image of me
That you want to paint
I'm the Marsh harrier
I'm brown with a fishy taint
And I've been all around these parts now
I've got no longer to wait
I'm an enemy of God
I'm an enemy of state
As I hover above the love
And the river of hate
There is only one road out
And that's the one your gonna take
And if you mess with me brown bird
Its a one way journey you'll make

No comments:

Post a Comment