Poetry

Monday 27 January 2020

You owe me your love

You owe me
I gave you all I had to give
Yes you owe me
I had to live the life I live
It wasn't as if I was running around
Blowing my roses all over town
I gave you it all even the thorn of my love
Oh now that prick in your conscience isn't enough?
You owe me your love

I've seen days when the rays don't come
Slow days that march to the beat of a drum
And many more besides these where the field marshall sung
Of things the army owes him
While another young man is hung

You owe me I want to scream
It is like living someone else's God forsaken dream
I've put everything I've had into this sinking ship
And its rolling to starboard and the cliffs are rising in the dip
Now don't say I never swam to your rescue
I always reached out my arm but now its me who needs you
You owe me, this life saving procedure
Cut out my heart resuscitate me from fever
And If you ever say that I'm the one who flew
Never forget all those handles that you threw
You never knocked, you never turned, you only shocked and then burned
Like a fuse that shortly blew
You owe me, I don't owe you

No comments:

Post a Comment