Poetry

Monday 13 January 2020

Dance until the music fades

Well I want to tell you
About how the old glades
Light up in the morning
And go down in the shades
And I want to tell you
That I'll dance in the circle
And we'll dance until the music fades

And I want to tell you
About the green grass hoppers
They jump just like the frogs
In the pool where they ploppa
Down to the depths
Where the Long legged bird wades
Where they dance until the music fades

And I want to tell you about a little road I know
Just stumpy rubble track full of grit and stone
And it runs straight as an arrow
In a line like a crow, Its long and its narrow
That's just the way that its made
And you can suck out the marrow
Lend it your hand maids
But it'll dance until the music fades

Well I walk with you hand in hand til the end
Our hearts together like two best friends
I'll love you tomorrow like I love you today
And there's no room for sorrow in the bed where we lay
We'll its one for a good time and two for songs played
And its three to get ready and four if we stayed
But I shan't leave too early, and you won't stay too late
But we'll dance until the music fades

No comments:

Post a Comment