Poetry

Tuesday 14 January 2020

That's the colour of our love

Maybe its the sun in a hat once
Or Maybe its the turning of the wheel of chance
Maybe its the table
Or maybe its the dance
But maybe its just the colour of your love

Maybe there are blue skies
Maybe there are grey
Maybe in the stables
The horses eat their hay
And maybe I can love you
In a very different way
But that's just the colour of my love

There are shadows hanging over us
From when we first are born
And clothes that will cover us
To keep us well and warm
But Its not the breath of the wind
Nor the signs of the coming storm
Its just the colour of our love

I can see you in the window
With the harbour below
The ships masts swaying gently
In the mid-morning glow
And I can tell you want to be a gull above
But that's just the colour of your love

There are trees holding hands
Leaves crossing the path
There are sun beams on your shoulder
Where the dust does dance
And I know I'm getting older
But I've still got a chance
And that's just the colour of my love

No comments:

Post a Comment