Poetry

Tuesday 14 January 2020

Everywhere

It is like you are over there
And I am over here
Come over here, from over there
There's a distance I can't see through
And my eyes, they are closed
But my mind is blinking in surprise
come over her, from over there
help me to open my eyes

And I don't feel its very fair
That I only deal in lies
In every pack the card I pull from
Behind your ear, like they
Were growing there
Come over here from over there
Show me that sleight of hand
Make my queens disappear
Come on before I go blind
Come over here from over there
Help me to reshuffle my mind

I've been on a losing streak
The gold is there I believe in what I speak
There is a vein running a thousand miles long
Under mountains from New York to Saigon
And I have to tap its source
Find out the strong from the weak
Do I need to bring you here by force?
Should I just let the river run its course
Come over here from over there
Let me feel you everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment