Poetry

Friday 26 July 2019

The Wall


I thought about the meaning of it all
How when I go
There will be nothing but the wall
Which I have either climbed
Or let fall
Keeping it up high
Trying to stop it fall
And there is nothing but these barriers
That separate you from me
That keep us all apart
There is nothing but the Wall
Which we build inside our hearts

What are we trying to protect?
Some little piece of paradise
No one can reject
Our little square of green
We’d like to keep in the sun
But after all is said and done
Its just a Wall
Its just we all
Must love someone

From the dockyards of Bombay
To the sand hills of Egypt
We are trying to fill our cargo bays
With some thing they can’t reject
Something like a phenomenon
Of pride that writes the Edicts
Scribbled on the wall
That’s falling to pieces

Come climb my wall
I’ll try to pull yours down
The Queen dances in the hall
The king has lost his crown
He sees love and tastes
The bitter leaves of regret
Come help him pull down
These bricks and mortar
Of the Wall he tries to forget

No comments:

Post a Comment