Poetry

Wednesday 31 July 2019

Morning Blues


Woke up this morning
Feeling this bruise
It rose like a hill
I suffered its ruse
I woke like a fire
Set on a log
With the howling desire
Of a graveyard dog
I’ve got the blues
Got the blues for you

I needed a bank job
To put me straight
But they put me in a jacket
And told me to wait
I said I’m not used
To standing in queues
They said they’d put me in irons
If I refuse
I got the blues, got the blues for you

There are six dogs waiting
Waiting at your gate
They say I must choose
Between love and hate
Six bullets waiting
In the barrel of a gun
Waiting in the bed chamber
Of the Lady Someone
But I still got the blues
Got the blues for you

I tried to stay silent
Not put pen to paper
But its like the man said
She is an escaper
Always trying to break loose
Of the chains and her noose
But who could blame her?
Who could try to name her?
She’s every woman, and someone
I’ve got the blues, got the blues for you

No comments:

Post a Comment