Poetry

Wednesday 31 July 2019

You're


You’re the most British person I know
Your hair wafts back like a sparrows nest
It looks like a thatched roof
Atop a croft that’s blest
You’re the most British person I know

You’re the most Greek person I ever knew
Your hair is so dark
Like Methuselah’s hue
Your skin like an olive grove
So dark green imbued
With the frankness of foresight for the
Tragedy new

You’re so Hungarian with your forthright airs
With your blood that boils
At room temperature
And your Saturnist cares
You’re so dying
In the now that you don’t care

You’re so hard Italian like
The stone of an olive
Cannot crush its essence
Get to the kernel
You’re so filtered coffee with
The heroics of Hercules
Its sad when your abandon
Leaves you roaming the open seas

1 comment:

  1. Yo!I remember my best friend to your work because you have one idea, I don’t know if I just miss him but when I read your writings, it reminds me of my very best friend. Can I ask if we can be best friends someday I really love to read and talk with you everyday. And I hope that we go together do carpet shampooing service.

    ReplyDelete