Poetry

Thursday 25 July 2019

Jail House Blues

The jail birds of a rotten rock
Jangle their chains
In the stocks
The balls of iron round their ankles haul
Across the rain soaked
Jail house yard
And from a distant tent of blue
They spy the hill top climb
They knew
Before this incarceration time
Came like bonds to bind
Them in their prime

Then others of that certain hue
Came by them under skies of blue
Blue like their jail clothes
Blue like seas where the sailor rows
Blue as eyes you look into
Where forever dies on tomorrow's knees

1 comment:

  1. Yo!I remember my best friend to your work because you have one idea, I don’t know if I just miss him but when I read your writings, it reminds me of my very best friend. Can I ask if we can be best friends someday I really love to read and talk with you everyday. And I hope that we go together do carpet shampooing service.

    ReplyDelete