Poetry

Tuesday 11 June 2019

Thomas a' Beckett and Samuel


This is what it takes
She said she’s moving to Somerset
To get access to him
You can’t see nothing up the steps
Only when he is grabbing his collar
And he leapt up on the table on a Wednesday
And we’re going to be like sardines tonight

What can it take
This pop culture of
You’s and me’s

The dirt in the sugar
The coal in the snow

All these youngsters
I am almost them
Only missing a fragment
Called love or freedom
From fear

One wedding is at 3pm
Because they want Brexit after the wedding
They want what?
That’s gonna cost a lot extra
And an awful lot of stress
I really wonder why they are bothering
What- to get married?
Can I try some carrot cake
Yeah why not
Well she’s diabetic isn’t she
Well its for the baby
They can’t get a kebab because
Tom is funny about what he eats
Well if he’s funny about what he eats

Then they should just…

I mean I didn’t bother
Busta’s eaten a whole bar of soap
They used to be here
You were right
They used to bring a whole box of tropical boxes
Where they used to have twelve ash trays now they only have three

And you know it brings me down
They dogs in the parlour
The beast in the garden
But they don’t come in because the green fairy is there
Always licking them before they get to close
That is one god-damn demon kick ass fairy
Sure is
Greatest in the land
And I heard this boy say to me you’ve got
A bit of bird shit on your car
And I said to Sam
Is that right
I’ve got your car
She said no
She said I wanted to say hello to him
She called him
And she thought Jack would come running up to her
But she said how long has it been since the fit
And they said a couple of months
And then he weed last night
He peed last night
And he was looking funny and then started going backwards
And he went straight into the door
And started going backwards
And last night he was really sickly
And I tried taking him downstairs
And he was looking at me like that ain’t right
I don’t know what you are trying to do to me
And he shot back upstairs
and then went out again
I mean normally he isn’t like that
Well I came down – that was last night?
For a fag and I would have said there was something not right about him

No comments:

Post a Comment