Poetry

Saturday 29 June 2019

Hard

Give it to me in a matter of yards
I'm sick to death of you being so hard
A nail isn't half so scarred
By a hammer blow
A pebble isn't half as rounded
By the river's flow
But you manage it
in a breath
Just why are you so hard?

The filo pastry chef is bloated
Fat on all the cakes he's gloated
Such as this soft bellied pig
Am I
Where as you are as hard
As a wrought iron rig

I am soft as a runny egg
Soldiers may dip in my yoke
I put on the mantle of leader instead
But compared to you
I'm a joke
You're so hard boiled
That I have to beg as I swim
Around the hot water we're in
And I'd be an armadillo
But my armour's wearing thin

Just walk with me as my shield
I promise to bury my hatchet
Inside the nearest field
Then our remains will be discovered
In a thousand years time
And they'll wonder who could catch it
This true love passionate crime

No comments:

Post a Comment