Poetry

Saturday 29 June 2019

Love Run

I'm on a love run
I'm running from the sun
Running to the moon and back again
I'm on a love run
I thought that I was done
But there's more room for black rain
I'm on a love run and my joints ache
My muscles are numb and I shake
But I'm in love with you, you pain

I'm in love with foot steps that I follow
I'm running down the paths
Over the lumps that I swallow
The stones in my shoe,
Try the apple in my throat
That Adam couldn't quite digest
So it stuck and bobbed there like a boat
On the ocean of his voice
On the river of his words
That leave his tongue
When he kisses Eve
On his love run

Oh we're running out of Eden
Running out of time
Running out of river path
Its your place or mine
We've shared the apple
But we've committed no crime
So why are we running from God's law
Or is it from Mankind?
Don't make me laugh!

I'm on a love run with you Eve
And I'm gonna run on forever
Or as long as my legs carry me
Just like birds of a feather


No comments:

Post a Comment