Poetry

Saturday 29 June 2019

Shooting Stars

I hope you stay on the bright side of life
Always going up
Stay away from strife
I hope you suckle on life's bosom
Like the bee on the honey blossom
I wish you get the good things in life
And all the happiness found in freedom
But most of all above all these
I wish you love and wisdom

I cannot count the ways I love you
There are too many for my hand
I stand like a cockerel in the morning
And crow the dawning over the land

My love has risen like the ocean
Swelled up like a wave of emotion
But comes crashing down on the shore
Whose beach stretches to your door

I see you like the colours of a rainbow
Multifaceted dream like knit
The colours painted in a nebula
A cloud of gas, where new stars sit

Where new stars burn and light up
The darkness
Of all space and its vacuum starkness
Naked in your heavenly body
I fall into your void black hole

But worm tunnels pull me out again
I am the worm in your Swiss cheese cube
And God has rolled me as a dice
But I cannot see where through Hubble's tube

There is like a kaleidoscope of images
Each one me and each one you
And we dance inside these lens
Through which creation has made us huge

And if I were an astronomer
I'd have named you a star by now
But I am but a poet and a liar
And so I sing songs of a sacred cow

All the crows fly up the tower
And the bats are circling round
And what love there is in the hour
Is enough as each ring hits the ground

As each shooting star must know
To each up there is a down
And as you fall remember me this reason
That for tonight you wore your crown

No comments:

Post a Comment