Poetry

Wednesday 23 November 2022

Starling hunt

 Oooh, oooh, I'm on a starling hunt

looking for inspiration in the skies

I'm starling gazing, quite amazing

Look at the way the big flock flies

Murmuring like a galaxy,

(Andromeda is speaking to me)

Swirling like a Milky way

Shooting like a meteor, a shooting star

Falling in the field of my vision


I'm stargazing on the levels,

Wet with binoculars and telescopes, the other

Astronomers like me

have come to pinpoint constellations

work out how the universe is revolving

by looking at starling symmetry

,symbols and syncopation, the beating heart

of the nebulae, starburst quite

amazing


erupting white dwarf

Red giant blooming like a pillow

Star birth above the willow

Firework explosion of a thousand dancing

suns

And my eyes are crossed, my stars are

crossed

As lovers holding hands

tessellated above the level lands

No comments:

Post a Comment