Poetry

Monday 28 November 2022

Isn't it time?

 Well we never were built to last forever

And it's a shame but it isn't a crime

To know that life lives light as a feather

And its name is "isn't it time?"

Isn't it time you start living in the present?

Isn't it time today, for tomorrow's too late

Isn't it time how life can be oh so pleasant

When you let today be and close sorrow's gate


Oh the birds fly with the wisps in the willow

And the birds speak in whispers and rhyme

And I heard sweet love was left on your pillow

So now let's make ends meet it's around about time 


I walk down the same streets of a wintertime's grime

Eat the same meat, feel the crisp winds billow

through swaying leaves of Birch and Scot's pine

I shed the same tears that I shed last year dear

For the same love that I missed in my prime

Well isn't it time?

I asked isn't it time? That we just live in the present

And let tomorrow go up it's own mountain climb

Oh, well isn't it time?

No comments:

Post a Comment