Poetry

Thursday 10 November 2022

Climate change on the horizon

 Climate change on the horizon

It's already here, temperature's rising

And I'm outta range

 Why is all this surprising?

Climate change on the horizon


Low sun red, rivers full of millions

High moon ahead, petrol pumps dryin'

I'm over my head, standing on the pavilion 

And Kangaroos are dead and possums are cryin'

Climate change on the horizon


Look out son it's coming to you

Father doesn't know what the world is coming to

Mother said well I heard it wasn't true

Daughter read better walk in another's shoe


We all can see so it's not surprising

Climate change is on the horizon


Dawn blood red, many rivers over-spilling

Flooding bed stead and the roads are over filling

They tried killing me dead, with their fracking and drilling

That's what the Earth said but she never shed a shilling


Now the crows are overhead and the carcass is thrilling

There's a lane to the land of the dead, but nobody's chilling

Now I'm cold to the bone, I can hear cicadas trilling

It's like getting blood out of a stone, when nobody's willing


Climate change coming, it's on the horizon



No comments:

Post a Comment