Poetry

Monday 1 August 2022

Rapunzel and Todd

 He worked at Rapunzel Hair and Beauty Salon


They did the longest braids and hair extensions

That were ever known

The hairdressers Salon was at the very top

Of a tall tower in the middle of a forest

An unusual place for a hairdressers you may ask,

But as for that I cannot say

Only that a gentleman barber was passing that way

A travelling barber they say from Seville

Sweeney Todd, Michael Wood or it could have been Brazil

But either way he saw his chance and went in for the kill


May I present to you myself

A barber of exceptional skill

Just off the shelf, the shampooed elf

Cut a striking figure of thrill


Rapunzel said how could you dare

To cut off my locks

There's more locked up in your hair

Though it may come as quite a shock

Like Samson, that is where your strength

Lies in strands as long as wise

And I'd offer them as extensions

To those dim witted or passing ill

I think your locks would make a fool wise

Make a weak woman strong

In your strands so to speak

Is the strength of old Babylon



No comments:

Post a Comment