Poetry

Monday 31 January 2022

Wise words

 Known for other such classics as:

the abominable Mr Toad

Love and Peace in a Jet Wash

Singleton in Miami or Shepton Mallet by the Sea

Firing squad apology

Ship shape and fancy free

If God was a Golden retriever

What does that make me?

Peace in a match box

Reverend on his knee

Will you be my Church he says

And will you marry me?


My luck ran out on 5th street I was cornered in a brawl

The dogs were down and dirty

And I don't mean Interpol

The fireflies so empty

Like flickering

Street lamps

And all about this Harvard Bridge

Rang the sirens of curfew


Push me back in Tinsel town

And wage war on my despair

The colours ramp up the rainbow

Rabies shadows far below

I wish for cutting cloth

And early winds in socks

But surely all I got

Was your gentle elbow

No comments:

Post a Comment