Poetry

Friday 21 January 2022

England is trying to kill me (slight rant)

 England is trying to kill me

The fat of the land

is blubbering over my face

I am suffocating in its richness

Like a toffee sauce

That makes me sick and fat

I am bloating like a balloon

After suckling its teet

All this kindness is killing me

It is not kindness it is wealth

It is the social welfare system that provides

There is money and benefits

for the underclass

As long as I stay in the underclass or serving

The rich I am well off

Well I am a skivvy

a servant

I am tricked into thinking I am independent and 'better off'

But really I am a servant of the upper classes

As are all who work in care or health

Relative to rent or food

It is enough to survive

And to get fat

Watching BBC TV

Which is the drug of the nation

As is TV

Telling us we are all in it together

We will bring down the Tories 

Who the working classes elected in the first place

Because they know there place

They say

Keep us in our place but give us more money

Reinforce the boundaries and the

Lines between rich and poor and we will love the class system

Because all we really want

Is structure

England you are killing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment