Poetry

Friday 21 January 2022

timeless

 Do you remember the tropicarium?

No nor do I!

Except that tarantula they put on my hand

Oh what jerks they were

But

I am a nice guy

I never complain

If a venomous beast is put in close range of a child

To give them a thrill

Well

In life it is either kill

Or be killed

No I don't remember the tropicana

Perhaps the coach journey there

When all the kids

were singing

found a peanut

to the tune of "In the quarter master's store"

That's what I rememer

and the round kerbs of the new 

School building where we could play

The extent of it

Its potential seemed vast

It's just who's gonna listen to this bullshit

blast

I remember my grand dad who I never met

Who said according to my dad

Who was also known to invent

That he didn't write because there were better

writers out there

God I even bore myself with this claptrap

Horse shit

Bring on the dancing Russian bears

I mean why can't they tell you when you are a kid

That when you're 40 you

Will write down this kind of shit

As if it were the best time of your life

Well it probably was

You were a child with absolutely no rules or responsibilities

Except there is the lie

You had them, even if not by law

They were forced down your throat by your parent

Who tried to instil

The moral virtues in you

until the drink became a problem and a player

What does Gareth think?

That's what I'd like to know

I really miss him

He probably doesn't miss me tho


No comments:

Post a Comment