Poetry

Sunday 22 September 2024

While Flowers remember

 I'm gonna look at the people I know

I'm gonna look at the people I've lost

I'm gonna ask

Now where did they go?

While the flowers remember their ghost


I'm gonna wander on down through the rows

I'm gonna shed a tear at the last post

I'm gonna wait in my room for hours

While the flowers remember their ghost


I've not come here to get silly

I've not come to get lost

I've just come on the Billy

And he's just held onto my ghost


Now don't just count me

In hours

When time is the enemy of most

They say kill time before it kills your powers

While the flowers remember their ghost


They say drink wine

They say get a clue

They say what is mine 

is yours and that's true

As long as it pours

From Heaven's retinue

Because it falls in buckets and spades on the coast

While flowers remember their ghost


No comments:

Post a Comment