Poetry

Sunday 22 September 2024

Head or heart, decisions, decisions

 Head or Heart

Right from the start I tried to solve the

Dilemma

A split two ways down the middle

Like a family structure

Without the heart I cannot start, I'd throw it all

To the wind

And dive in

But my head says no not again

To put my life into the hands of someone else

Entirely

Unthinking

Risk it all

But for love,

That's the thing


Then my head, says prepare for anything

Stand on your own two feet and be strong

In the country of your birth

In the town where you were born

And belong?


The sea is romantic to me

But what have I really there?

I can imagine the surfers

And the cool

Brown skin and blonde hair

But would the surf unearth

The worth in gold

IS it all just a shallow reflection

Of what is sold

In glossy magazines

And the shirts and shoes of vans

Can I control culture? , no

But I do not belong to it either

I have no place in England it seems

And Hungary has been the place of my dreams

And it is in my dreams I think and feel

What I can call real

To create a world of the imagination

But not within

This stolid nation

Except without 

I'm plagued by doubt

And totally reliant on the trust of relations

And a relationship to sail my boat

Onto firm foundations

If I follow the call of the sirens

I become trapped upon an island

Or I follow the call of the mermaids

And wander out to sea

My other dream to sail the oceans blue

May only ever come true 

if I follow that path now

Rather than live in a landlocked country

Like Hungary

No comments:

Post a Comment