Poetry

Tuesday 12 September 2023

Dangers of holidays

 There are dangers in this

There are dangers in that

There dangers to run, maybe a cat

There are reasons to be and there are reasons not to be

But we see there are dangers

Dangers in Life


Come on and break the wave

Of this falling, can'tyou be brave

Enslave, the craving, the craving

And delays to sunny days

Come and make the right waves


There are dangers to this

And yet there are dangers to that

The great house between me

CHRIST ABOVE and fills me with love

And we're walking through the rainbow

Of all this testimony

Make it leave or make it stay

There is nothing better

On a holiday with you


Make it leave or make it go

I will be there when the final whistle blows

I will be there at the end of the game

At the end of the line


Find me in the crowd

Of substitution shouting loud

A day score line at the end of the day

Finally they say there is only one way up

And one way down

On a holiday with you


Can't even say

Take me for what I am

Oh take me for what I'm not

Take me in a traffic jam

Take me off, take me in



No comments:

Post a Comment