Poetry

Tuesday 12 September 2023

Brothers across waters

 Well now brother we will cross over

Row our boat to the other side

Yes now Father, I hear the clover

And see, the sea swell on the tide

And now our way it is the rover's

And we shall rove to the other isle


Yes I see the large waves gather

Yes I can hear the sea gulls' cries

And I smell the scent of clover

And I can feel the tug in my heart of lies


Well now brother we will cross over

And find the land called paradise

Yes now father like the cliffs of dover

I see the white washed wave's walls rise


The two monks named Braddock and Craddock

Took to the strait where they lost their lives

And on the twin islands of flat and steep holm

The daughters and mothers wept their eyes


These two saints who paint their covers

But then did they lose what was written inside

On the quaint islands of pass over

Where the peace dove with an olive branch flies


Now did Noah take his animals

On such a journey where everyone of them dies

And had the heathen pulled down Babel

And had the the sorcerors told their lies


And did Braddock die with Craddock

On the row boat on the Bristol tide


No comments:

Post a Comment