Poetry

Friday 16 December 2022

Maya and the Man in the Moon

 I'm sorry Maya,

The moon wept

I cannot bring your dreams to ya

I cruelly came and touched your life

With my silver wandering face

That looked cold and old

And lonely

Oh believe me that I love you only


But what am I to do?

I am just the man in the moon

Out of touch

With your love

I cannot come down to earth

To greet ya


Perhaps all we can do is wander together

In fields of stars

rolled out in our dreams


But, and here is just a thought

What if you became an astronaut?

And some how climbed the ladder of noughts

And crosses to reach me

Come and teach me your sport

I miss you Maya

I love you like a liar

Loves the truth, but hates his lie

And can't untie his shoes

When they no longer fit


Come and run with me in your ship

Come and let's throw stones

at glass ceilings and watch them

shatter and shower the earth in

illusion's shards

And then perhaps we'll reach the stars

And I can step out of my moon

And you can show me how to spoon

And how to taste delicious love

just because we deserve as much

No comments:

Post a Comment