Poetry

Wednesday 4 May 2022

Today you must fly

 You create

To bring new life into this world

You mold, and hold the dreams of your baby girl

And in the blink of an eye she is gone

Like the rain on the pavement

After the sun has shone

And I shake my head and cry

I shake my fists at the sky

And I ask why

Why has she gone?


You are the creator and destroyer of things

We know not why only what life brings

To live or to die, to give and to cry

In the end are we just puppets on strings?


And I hold the rain in my hands

I search through the desert lands

For the sign that new life brings

In this new spring


Some are cut down like so many blades

Like chaff that falls, like dirt off spades

Some are cythed for making hay

Oh we must seize each passing day


Is there ever a time to say goodbye

To one you have loved, but one who does die

Are there ever the words to sigh

This reason you came, that season you fly

Fly away, oh fly away

Sweet bird of sorrow

Maybe tomorrow, 

I'll find the right words to say

Good bye

But not today, not today

Today you must fly

No comments:

Post a Comment