Poetry

Monday 16 May 2022

Scottish memories

 You left me just where I picked you up

A little tired

After the music had  stopped

And the merry-go-round took us

back to the start

Oh we had mountains to climb 

in the hills of our hearts


There were valleys of consequence

And hidden snow drifts of guilt

Holes to fall through

The frozen surface

On lakes of indifference

But ferries of respect

And reunification bridges

Where we dropped sticks in for a bet

And love lockets

And hearts on chains

And notes in pockets

Written on wild west steam trains

And seas so cold they froze our brains

Oh tell me what love is and is

This the same

I remember seaweed on shores

And little animals that slither

And crawling on all fours

And winds that made me shiver

And camping in the pinewood

Next to the Inn

And you being so afraid

Of the Wild winds din

And how we hunkered down in silence

And protected we slept

In each others arms

Like violence

In the arms and the neck

That hold tight yet don't let go the bow

Don't let the arrows fly yet

I have more to give

My heart wants to live

Before the final vet

I need you

But I don't need it

I want us

Without the fuss

I miss your tender kiss

And the way we fell in bliss

But the silence between us spoke volumes of trust

And the sea shore swelled and hushed

And I breathed

And knew you were there

No comments:

Post a Comment