Poetry

Sunday 29 May 2022

Buzzed out

I'm in the Buzzard BnB in Bedfordshire

I'm sleeping on the wing

In a feather down mattress

My pillow is of duck down

And my bed fellow a funny fucker

She's a buzzard the same as me

Oh a real Buzzcock cocker


I'm in the Buzzard B 'n' B, 

Come pack up your sheet

I'll go down to breakfast in the morning

Claw my way down the stairs

I pass a Golden Eagle in his Eyrie Attic

And Sparrow in his window box


A lot of us Buzzards here we lost our nest

We flew it long ago

In the long flight West

Looking for a new home

In a countryside so green

Yet we ended up in Shepton Mallet

If you know what I mean


The streets are pretty busy,

well the streets are pretty clean

The houses are full and empty

Helps with the homeless scene


Some have too much

And many don't have any

And they think they'll take a shot

At the national lottery penny


But no they never win

Only scrape by a livin'

Yet the pallets keep on turning

The lorry wheels keep on spinning


I'm not saying it matters

I'm just a buzzard on the brink

I speak my beak

And think my think

If they start policing that

Then the whole pontoon might sink


We'd be back in 1984

And pigeon holing people

Based on their way of thinking

Let me see if you will commit a crime

My monitoring machine is blinking


well in a sense we already have it

With a google can of beans

GDPR and algorithms who know where you've been

Think they will predict where you are going

If in your thoughts they've seen

Some evidence of intention to a crime scene


It's a fair cop governor, I've been circling around

this field of dreams

Longer than my tail feathers

Shorter than a stream

I'm trying to catch a little mouse

But all I can find is carrion

If you call me a predator on the prowl

I'll scream and shout and swing my towel

In such a carry on


This town is a birds nest baby

It's full of stick houses yeah

And all the match stick people

Go about combing flames out of their hair

And each fiery tongue licks the next

As every wing is clipped

By a cuckoo government 

who've taken over the nest


So show me back to Bedfordshire

Where I may rest my head

In the Buzzard B'n'B 

back in my home

Bed stead




No comments:

Post a Comment