Poetry

Sunday 13 February 2022

Jubilee Jumble

 Queen, remember my name

God save the Grand Dame

All in one

No hole in the crown

Ball and gown

Plot in the ground

Frame a portrait

Write down her name

Same and Sorted

Keep a light the flame

Queen, I want you to live forever

I don't want you to die

Come and believe my Caribbean dream

My African savannah


See your face in the mirror

What has changed from before?

The features little

The eyes the same, a little sore

There is a sight Her Majesty

Majesty


Oh the bonnie wee lad

And the trains looking sad

All sitting await at the station

The mers and the sars and the

Rows of parked cars

All arrived that their destination

The tern and the tars

The kerb and the stars

Shining in the rain

Unreachable

No comments:

Post a Comment