Poetry

Thursday 24 February 2022

Things and stuff

 I'm not saying it was easy

I'm not saying it was hard

But the time for being cheesy

It is get out of jail barred

It is drawn down in apocalypse

And a calypso of lies

All lining up to do the Rumba

With the troops on the other side

Come on pull the moon in closer

With your piece of string

I need your roller coaster

I need your tide of Spring

I need the tiny ghost of

What you wished to bring

To the table at the supper

Of the last supreme King


The God's of yester year have broken out

Of jail

And Imbolc and of Hester

They've bloomed like a power pale

They've been fracked into existence

And shaken out of earth

And it's to our resistence

To not knowing what our money's worth

You can't count gold in pennies

You can't count deaths by births

You know there are so many

And sometimes love it hurts

But breakdown all your spaceships

And bring it all back home

For I'm tired of all these races

Like a dog chases after a bone


Too many a question faces about

And looks the answer in the eyes

I shouts come on I'm in a boat

And it floats on a sea of lies

You must know me by now

I say, I'm walking in paradise

But we never could see

The forest for the trees

Nor the true colours for the dyes

No comments:

Post a Comment