Poetry

Friday 29 October 2021

There is a woman around clock

 What is it I'm good for?

Is it ever enough?

With a bullet in my skull, full of your love

Shoot me down at midnight

Kill me just at lunch

Duel with me at dawn

Pushing the buttons of love


There can be no answer

None that I know from stuff

That floats around the dancer

In a raging storm of love


There's a woman around midnight

And one comes to me at dawn

There's a woman in the dying light

And a woman when you're born


There's a woman every hour

A woman round the clock

And they keep you in their power

Until their ship does dock


Second hand of woman

Third hand of man

Hours of the child

Who counts the summertime


Making all your plans

Day after day

Filling up your Gods

Moulding like your clay

Can you bring me to you?

What should I say?

I am dying in your love

Dying on your lawn today


No comments:

Post a Comment