Poetry

Thursday 15 April 2021

Trouser Song

 Did you get dressed to day?

Did you put on your clothes?

Did you wash your hands?

Did you blow your nose?

Did you get dressed today ready for work

Oh come on mate, you can tell me straight

did you forget your trousers?


Did you check your waist coat

For spectacles and watch,

Did you test your suspenders?

Did you pull up your socks?

Did you get dressed for what could be and what could surely not?

Oh come on mate you can tell me straight

did you forget your trousers?


Come on you can tell me

If you didn't put your trousers on

We were on that old zoom call

And it's best not to flounder in song

If you can get up right now

And show me I won't be siding with the doubters

So come on mate, you can tell me straight 

Did you forget your trousers?


Don't worry, only pulling your leg!

2 comments:

  1. his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.
    Trouser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sherazabbasi, it's nice to receive such a positive comment. I will endeavour to keep up the good work and try my best to be entertaining :) I think if I enjoy writing it probably other people may enjoy reading it

      Delete