Poetry

Monday 26 April 2021

The otherside

 Let me be on the side that's winning

Give me the key to the door

While daylight is thinning

And my words are like straws 

that break the camel's back

Oh take it from me

We are under attack

Soon there will be more of them on earth

The fighters and destroyers who would kill

The mother that to them gave birth

But it doesn't matter in the swishing of the tongues

That the fire is chiller on the otherside of the sun


Well up in the prospects they are burning for gold

While down in the projects all their dreams got sold

And I hardly expect you to remember my name

I only sat opposite you the otherside of the flame


Now don't get me wrong I would have liked to be you

But we can't be another, so it's best just to shew you

Tell you to go back to from whence you came

Because you can't be my brother when you're

On the otherside of the flame


Sometimes it is blowing a cold chill out there

Sometimes I am knowing that I could kill with a stare

But I put my eyes back in my pockets and pull from their sockets

A new pair

Because I need new eyes to see with on the otherside of nowhere 

And to see you on the otherside of the flame




No comments:

Post a Comment