Poetry

Friday 30 April 2021

Gastro-enteritis

 Gold bricking

I was panning for gold

But found only dust

It came down in showers

Like the rains of rust

From some giant construtction

The Gods did create

But I found no noughats

Only loose flakes


The pan was gold leafed

And I collected the dust into a solution

For the mining company to assay

It's chemical conclusion


24 carats say

Or pure, pure gold

What's it worth anyway

To know what is sold?


I brought my find to the miners office

They said we won't accept it

It's in the wrong bottle

I said I can decant it now

They said no come back next week

The courier is here and you've missed the deadline

How can you say that I was right on the line

You've been standing here arguing with me

About rules and time

The time has run past on your gold plated face

And now you see I need to know the worth of this

Gold  - is Fortune or waste?


They said you won't know anyway until next week

The over officious little hitler stuck up bitch

You've run out of time, of that be sure

Now get out and leave from this office back door


So I drove away but my car stalled

It was weighed down with words

And weighed down with Gold

And I knew I'd found a vein

But I could stake a claim

For they had closed up shop

For me to put a stake to my name


It was glowing in my hand as I walked back through

The car park

It was a real lodestone

One that attracted attention


No comments:

Post a Comment