Poetry

Wednesday 3 March 2021

Woody the wood pecker

 Woody the wood pecker

Flies from tree to tree

And he brings his song

All day long

down to you and me


He knocks on wood

He knock knock, knocks on wood

And what do think he says?

He says this wood ain't no good


So he flies on over to another tree

Hanging there with the honey bee

Woody the wood pecker

Like a messenger

Flies down to tell me

Yes this wood is good


He says knock knock on wood

Just knock,knock knock on wood

Anytime that you feel good, 

just knock, knock, knock on wood


Oh he goes out just about every day

And he knocks his poor old head away

He goes knock knock, knocking on wood

Then he bangs his head up against another wall

He bangs his hard head until that dead tree falls


He says there now what'd I tell you this here tree is rotten

He says hey pal are you listening or have you just forgotten?

You now come with me, this tree ain't no good

So you better move on over to another tree

Keep knock knocking on wood


He goes knock knock, knock, knock-knock knocking on wood

He says this tree yes, that tree no, and the others ain't no good

So you better move on with me, just on over the hill

That's where you'll find me, looking for another tree

He goes knock knock, knock knock,knock-knock knocking on wood

He says this tree yes, that tree no, and the others ain't no good


He says I make a hole in every one

So I think I might find a bite

Just a little something to eat

Like a bug or a termite

You know when that old tree dies

Well lots of creatures crawl

Well they all make a tall order

Because I can't eats them all


You know I just knock, knock, knock.knock, I keep on knocking on wood

And one day one of them trees is gonna sound hollow and good

So how about you do like me, keep on knocking on doors

Because one of these days one door will open to you

And you'll get a round of applause


So woody says to me you know opportunity knocks

And I'm just about the best opportunist on these blocks

You don't need to give me a second chance, I'm always looking

And I'll be right there, because if it's not in one of these

Then there's sure to be one of them spare

No comments:

Post a Comment