Poetry

Monday 12 October 2020

Love is a numbers game

 I love you, I love you to five decimal places,

no I love you to PI recurring

And every iteration of your natural number

Gets my mathematical motor purring

I love your noughts and ones baby

I love your threes and eights

And I'm at sixes and sevens over your legs eleven

And that neatly brings us up to date


And what will be the date when I define your PI?

What slice may I take?

How can they say our love is pi in the sky

When it's a matter of the numbers you make

And I've cooked the books, no look

I've done my sums and the simple truth is

They've added up wrong

I love you baby so strong

Like a towering line graph

Like a frequency diagram

Like the calculus of knowing

You can square my circle

In radians of becoming

And polar co-ordinates

But there is one number that adds up to two

That's when you love me baby

Like I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment